Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Harry Potter actors look to the future - My Take on the Series and Movies as a Whole

Harry Potter actors look to the future


Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint talk Half-Blood Prince, Hallows and the future

By Tim Masters
Entertainment correspondent, BBC News

With filming on the final two parts of the Harry Potter series under way, the young actors who have grown up on the set and become global superstars are now considering their next steps.

We asked them whether it would be a case of deathly silence after the Deathly Hallows...

Daniel Radcliffe (bottom), Emma watson and Rupert Grint in 2000
The child actors were cast in the summer of 2000

As you might expect, Daniel Radcliffe - who has kept busy on both film and stage projects in between playing Harry - laughs off the idea that the rest of his life might be an anti-climax.

"No man, I've got kids to have yet!" he says excitedly, despite nursing a sore throat on the cold, cavernous film set at Leavesden Studios in Hertfordshire.

"They're going to keep me busy if I do - which I hope I do at some point. I'm not planning on it soon - that's one of the things I'm really looking forward to doing."

The 20-year-old adds: "What's been cool is that I've been here when a lot of people here have had kids while on the film, and I've seen the change it's made in their life and how amazing it is."

His co-star Rupert Grint, 21, who plays Ron Weasley, says he has no doubt that Harry Potter will be the "biggest thing" he will be involved with.

"I make the most of it and enjoy it," he says.

Tom Felton on filming the saga's final films, what his future holds and how he has never seen Star Wars

"It is quite scary when this all ends because we're stepping out into the real world - it is quite a bubble I suppose, we've had these films to do every year and it's become quite a routine.

"I'm definitely going to miss it. It's been a great 10 years. I am quite keen to move on and see what else is out there."

Grint, speaking at the launch of the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD, says he is interested in more parts like the "bad boy" role he gets to play in his forthcoming movie Cherrybomb.

The coming-of-age drama premiered at the Berlin Film Festival earlier this year, but failed to find a distributor.

Fans set up an online petition for its release, and producers now say a distribution deal has been signed, and the Belfast-set movie should be in cinemas in 2010.

Rupert Grint
I think it's just because I'm ginger they throw me into the frame
Rupert Grint

"It's nice because it's so different," says Grint. "That's what attracted me to it - it wasn't really a conscious thing to move away.

"It was really fun to be on a different set and experience a whole different budget - it was quite a shock. I really enjoyed it and hopefully I will get to do more films like that."

He dismisses press speculation that he's in the running to play Prince Harry in a film called The Spare that's due to shoot next year.

"I think it's just because I'm ginger they throw me into the frame, but I haven't really heard anything about it," he says.

Actress Emma Watson, 19, who plays Hermione Granger, began studying at an American university in September, though she hasn't ruled out acting projects out of term-time.

Fellow actress Bonnie Wright, 18, has just begun a degree course in film and TV in London. She has played Ron's sister Ginny Weasley since the first film in 2001.

Bonnie Wright
Personally I think a greater project is out there
Bonnie Wright

Speaking on the set at Leavesden, she points out that she's spent more than half of her life working on Harry Potter.

"Although it has been massive," she says, "personally I think a greater project is out there. That's what makes me keep working, knowing that there's this project out there that I'm yet to do."

David Heyman, who has produced all of the Harry Potter films, is confident that the global stars that he's helped create will go on to further success.

"They've had a good structure here and at home, they are pretty solid kids," he says.

"They are going to go and have great fun - they are going to have great success. I'm sure they will thrive."

He adds: "I think they all know I'm here to support them, and if they ever want a chat I'll be there for them.

"Ultimately they've got to leave the fold and take flight - and I know they will."

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is out on DVD on 7 December

Source

~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary

I loved the books and re-read the 3rd, 4th, and 5th books to get ready for the 6th and 7th ones. What's funny is i started by reading the 3rd book after seeing the first 2 movies. Then I read the 4th book and then the 5th. After a while I went back and read the first and second book and decided to reread the series continuing onwards to prepare for the newest 6th book.

The movie that is truest to the books is probably the 2nd one, Chamber of Secrets, which follows the book almost to the tee. My favorite book is probably the 4th one, Goblet of Fire. That's really the climax of the story and where it becomes an adult book.

My favorite movie was probably the 3rd one because of the overall feel and the creepiness we really don't witness again in any of the other movies.

The actors are great and the best actor hands down is the one who plays Ron; Rupert Grint I think his name is. He feels so natural on camera and everything seems so unscripted.

My favorite character in the series is probably either Hermione or Hagrid. Snape was definitely the most interesting one.

I hope all these actors do really well in the future and I wish them all the best. I also hope the writer of Harry potter starts up a new series that has nothing to do with Harry or magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment